A storm is brewing
Assalamu alaykum wr wb
Things seem to be changing by the minute and the latest twist is that we’ll be catching a flight to Egypt, and the vehicles will be going by cargo ships. We will not be boarding until Sunday at least as there seems to be some storm that is brewing causing our ships to be delayed. The main reason for us not to be leaving until Sunday is because we do not want to leave until our ships have left. Well this is the story so far and like you’re aware the plans change by the minute and the story like wise depending on who you talk to. The story last night was that we were leaving from Tartus then just before we went to bed we were told that were leaving from Latakiyah. So in the morning we made our way to the port way ahead of the rest of the convoy to hear that we’re probably not leaving until Sunday. What a disappointment, prior to setting off we were just gathering the finances to pay for the ferry. I suppose it should be expected looking at the pattern of how things have unfolded over the last week or so.
At the moment it looks like we’ll be here a for a few days so it’s going to be another wait unless things change for the better. The place that we’re staying in is a ‘Palestinian refugee camp’ which is not what it sounds. Refugee camps here, particularly the Palestinian ones, are areas where the refugee’s have settled as opposed to an area with tents upon mass.
The weather seems to be very calm, despite the warnings of a storm, inshaAllah we’ll see what the out come is. InshaAllah like always, I’ll keep you updated.